Spiritual Development Day: Friday December 6th, 2019
All school and administrative sites across the Waterloo Catholic District School Board will be closed on Friday December 6th, 2019. This is our board wide Spiritual Development day. We are grateful for the opportunity to gather as a Catholic system to nurture and celebrate our faith. Students will not be at school or extended day programs on Friday December 6th.
A heartfelt thank you to our Fitness Frenzy co-leads Nancy Gawel & Melissa Henderson for all the work and tireless effort that went into making this school wide fundraiser a tremendous success. We had fantastic support from our community members, and parent/ guardian volunteers all day long. Our guest instructors and St. Agnes staff made sure the day was eventful and engaging for our students. Many hands make light work, for sure!
The final total for our fundraiser was $7680. Thank you to all our families who were able to contribute to our fundraiser. Your generosity will go a long way toward supplementary classroom resources, guest speakers for students, and enhanced learning opportunities for students (e.g., Scientists in Schools). Should we have any additional funds we will allocate these monies toward offsetting student expenses such as the equalization of student agendas, bussing, and field trips. We are truly grateful to all for your support with Fitness Frenzy.
Advent Resources for Families
Have you been looking for ways to engage in meaningful family oriented Advent themed activities? Well look no further! We have a great resource for you to use at home.
Busted Halo is a unique media resource that utilizes a relevant and accessible voice to help people understand the Catholic faith, put it into practice in their everyday lives, and share it with others.
Our vision is for a more joyful and meaningful experience of Catholicism that positively impacts people’s lives. At Busted Halo, we aim to bring the joy of the Gospel to all people in innovative and creative ways. Through articles, video, podcasts, radio, and social media, we aspire to help Catholics embrace their faith more fully. We value the experiences and questions of people seeking to better understand their faith and offer resources to better comprehend and share the richness of the Catholic faith.
- Check out Advent in 2 minutes
- follow the Busted Halo Advent calendar
- Join in the 2019 InstaAdvent Photo Challenge
Below is a summary of important points regarding our school board policies related to Inclement Weather. Please reference this policy for detailed information regarding cancellations and early dismissals.
- We will reference www.weather.ca for accurate forecasts using PointCast location. You can also check this information from home. Simply type in the postal code for the school (N2J 2M3) and get localized information.
- When the temperature (including windchill or “feels like”) is –14°C or warmer students will be outside for the entire duration of recess.
- When the temperature (including windchill or “feels like”) is –15°C to—19°C students will be limited to 20 minutes of outdoor time at a time.
- When the temperature (including windchill or “feels like”) is –20°C or colder students will be kept indoors.
- Students cannot arrive on school property prior to 8:45am as there is no supervision on the yard or in the building prior to this time. Students will not be allowed in to the building prior to 8:45am on extreme cold days.
It is critical that students be dressed appropriately for Canadian winter.
- Please make sure your child has a hat, mitts/ gloves, snowpants, winter coat, boots. If you need assistance providing this for your child we are happy to help out. We have a number of items (new & gently used) that have been donated to our school to assist families in need.
School Bus Cancellations due to Inclement Weather
All arrangements and decisions regarding student transportation are coordinated by Student Transportation Services of Waterloo Region. For detailed information regarding the procedures for Inclement Weather and Student Transportation decisions please refer to STSWR Inclement Weather 2019-20 .
It is extremely important for parents/ guardians to subscribe to the STSWR email notification service to be informed of any delays to your child’s transportation. Please do not call the school when your child’s bus is running late as we have no control over transportation delays. We subscribe to the STSWR Twitter feed and email notifications and therefore, receive the same updates as families through this subscription service. Please add this subscription to your personal email service to receive up to date information.
It is the time of year when many students contract common colds, strep throat, and influenza. In order to prevent the spread of germs and illness we encourage proper and regular hand washing procedures as outlined by the Region of Waterloo Public Health Unit. We also adhere to their “Guidelines for Prevention and Management of Infections Diseases in Schools”. It is imperative that parents/ guardians keep children home when they are not well. If your child has experienced vomiting or diarrhea, they should not return to school until 24 hours have passed since their last episode. While this presents challenges for working families it is critical that sick children stay home. We will send children home if they report having vomited the night before as this is a Public Health guideline meant to keep all staff and students safe. We appreciate your cooperation with this expectation.